We are hiring an Institutional Partnerships Consultant!
Restorative Justice Initiative, is a citywide, multi-sector network of practitioners, advocates and community members seeking to increase support for, and access to, restorative justice approaches for all New Yorkers.
We are seeking an Institutional Partnerships Consultant who will take a lead role in researching and drafting foundation and other institutional grant proposals. Responsibilities will include managing reporting requirements to all institutional funders, including working with staff to gather required information and writing reports; partnership development, proposal writing, and fundraising from institutional funders, including foundations and corporations; and relationship management, tracking, and administrative tasks.
This position is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to shape the growth of a mission-driven nonprofit while contributing to a broad movement to promote non-punitive responses to harm. This job will be entirely remote, so candidates need not be based in the New York area, but we will give preference to candidates with knowledge of the New York City funding landscape.
Specific responsibilities for the position will include:
- Conduct research to determine grant opportunities appropriate for the mission of the organization
- Maintain a database of grant maker research results
- Maintain a schedule of upcoming, LOI, grant application and reporting deadlines
- Establish contacts with new and existing funders
- Draft letters of inquiry and grant proposals according to the requirements of each specific grant maker
- Review, edit, and finalize each document with input from appropriate staff members for submission on a timely basis
- Maintain accurate reporting as required by the grant maker.
Required qualifications include:
- Self-directed and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and RJI’s mission
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience, and a record of success, fundraising from and partnership development with foundations and corporations
- Experience writing proposals and developing budgets for foundations and other institutional funders
- Experience writing reports and other funder stewardship
- Knowledge of the space in which RJI exists, including restorative and transformative justice, field-building, movement-building, criminal justice reform, educational equity and racial justice.
The complete position description is available here.
TO APPLY, please send your resume with a cover letter, writing sample and fee proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Institutional Partnerships Consultant.” Applications accepted on a rolling basis. The first review of applicants will take place after December 7, 2020.